Saturday 25 July 2015

WALT set a scene

Miss Dare found these terrific pictures; we used them as a basis for our written language.

They come from https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/133TA3jyooFCK4OEj7v9glzgVxsBelH5H7dClOpQrUKc/edit#slide=id.p16


 Crisp white snow settled on the peaceful morning as majestic white doves soar above the highest treetops. The trees stands tall, guarding the old brick castle that was once struck during World War 1. 
The cold echo of empty screeches flew through the air. The icy taste remains the same as in ages past. Smoke from the many houses are hard to miss as sparks strike the burning logs.
Scout

It was a picture of peacefulness, it was a picture of sadness. The dark silhouette of the church stood tall against the pale violet sky. A single bird sung a melody of sadness, as if mourning lost ones never to be seen again. 
My breath made a misty ghost that drifted towards the church where mourners weep. An icy breeze floats through the air, tickling my skin. The smell of snow, cold, wet,and blank fills my nostrils.
Anne


     Why am I here? What have I done to deserve this?
Everything was rotten. The Ferris wheel screeched as I crept closer to it, the trees howled in horror. This is a menacing place. I placed my hand on one of the abandoned carriages, it felt cold, damp, lonely.
Renee

Rolling over a tragedy the clouds scowled. The sight of the rotten Ferris wheel makes me shiver all over. All you can hear is laughter abandoned in the depths of fear. Trees engulf this hostile area. Old and lonely. Ghosts of children past walk right through you.
Matt




In the middle of nowhere stood a rickety old shack. Falling apart and overgrown with dying trees , legends have been born and told about this abandoned house. Memories haunted the place.
When you enter you hear the laughter of the kids who played here echoing through the hollow walls and a miserable wailing that stops you dead in your tracks. Damp moldy planks tumbled in random holes in the floor. The smell of dead rate and rot lingered in every corner. Touching a wall would make the whole building crumble into a dilapidated mess, it seemed.
Coming to the, once, living area something was odd. The rocking chair... it was rocking with no wind. I knew what this was.
Suddenly my ears exploded as ghastly whispers came closer, closer.
Backing out I tumbled onto crisp leaves, landing with a big crunch.
Never to come back, I turned and ran.
Hughin

A silhouette of broken dreams stood forever alone. Discarded, overgrown and a mass of digested, rotten hopes. The damp stale air left a sour taste in my mouth. The smelly wreck of dilapidated wilderness deluged my nostrils. Lost souls.
Crumbling beneath my touch decayed wood perished wood passed from existence.
Backing away gradually, fallen leaves crunch under my feet and birds bark warningly before fluttering away.
Lachlan


The trees, high and mighty, looked down upon the stony land, down by the flowing river. Waves of rock fall into the rushing water. I hear the sound of majestic birds chirping and squawking. Overseeing all nature a lonesome bird swoops down onto a small mouse. The dive bombing bird happily enjoys his feast.
I turn my back and walk away from this beautiful place. The starry sky lights up like a town in a blackout as one by one the stars come out.
Ruben

Rushing water flows with power as the rocks are caught in the relentless current. Shabby boulders stand strong and show their bravery. Tall trees tower and leave shadows floating downstream. Floods of water climb over rocks, rocks drowning as they get ripped to shreds.
Jay

What wonderful scenes Deltora students have set. Their powerful imagery draws the reader in. Well done Room 8, we look forward to reading more from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment